Original thread by Marius Hauken (@mhauken)
10 secret iPhone hacks you never knew you needed:
1. If you are doing a screen recording, you can click on the red clock at the top to stop it.
2. You can record a video with music playing by opening the camera, holding the photo button, and swiping to the right.
3. You can highlight parts of a screenshot by clicking the plus sign and selecting magnify. Afterward, you can choose opacity to make it pop more.
4. You can block ambient noise in a Facetime call by opening Control Center during a Facetime call, tapping Mic Mode, and selecting Voice Isolation.
5. If you like ambient sounds for working (or sleep), you can turn that on your iPhone by opening the Control Center, tap on the ear, and click on background noise. You can then select between rain, ocean sounds ++
(Don’t have it? Turn it on: Settings > Control Centre: Hearing)
6. You can hold the scrollbar and swipe to scroll fast
7. You can bring up a list of URL-endings when typing in web addresses in your browser by holding down “.”
8. You can caption any photo or video you take by swiping up, tapping the “Add a Caption” field, and writing your caption or keyword.
This way, the text will be searchable later on.
9. Instead of switching back and forth between keyboards to type numbers and symbols, you can hold your finger on the “123” button, drag it to the number or character you want, and then let go. The keyboard then switches back to regular letters.
Same for capital letters and ⇧
10. You can create a handwritten note in messages by turning your phone around and selecting the icon that looks like a hand-drawn loop. Write/draw what you want and send it.
(You have to turn off the portrait orientation lock for this to work)
Did you enjoy this thread?
Follow me @mhauken for more.
Like/Retweet the first tweet below if you can: